Whether you’re clearing out your garage or shed, downsizing your workshop, or finishing up a construction project, donate your surplus materials to us to save them going in the skip !
The Rebuild Site CIC saves surplus building materials from going to landfill. We either donate these to community groups and charities for their projects, or they go into our shop to provide materials at a low cost to our local community.
Four times a year we host a Rebuild Donation Day, where we accept donations of building materials from the general public at our depot in Carlisle.
Our next donation day is Sunday 12 June, 10am – 1pm.
Donations are most useful to us when they are in saleable condition. For us, this means they are new/unused, clean and organised, and not damaged or broken!
Donation Wish List:
- Timber lengths, both dressed and undressed, treated and untreated
- Timber offcuts
- Fence panels and posts
- Skirting boards and architrave
- Window boards/window sills
- MDF and OSB
- Ply wood sheets
- Plasterboard of all types, including reasonably sized offcuts (eg ½ sheet)
- New blocks and bricks
- Paving slabs
- Packs of laminate flooring
- Full packs of wood screws and nails (organised/sorted – we don’t have time to sort through big tins of nails unfortunately!)
- Taps and other ironmongery
- Plumbing parts
- Radiators, towel rails
- Kitchen sinks
- Kitchen worktops (new/unused/surplus)
- Drainage pipes and associated fittings
- Sand (in unopened bags)
- Paint tins (at least half full)
If you have other items not listed here which you think might be useful, email us to see if we can accept them: firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call Thursday – Saturday on 07391161008
We’re also accepting standard sized doors for a community project.
What we definitely can’t take:
- Aggregates/tarmac etc
- Liquids other than paint, anything with a chemical label
- Any used bathroom or kitchen goods
- Furniture etc
We reserve the right to refuse anything that we think we can’t send to our community groups or sell in the shop. If you would like to double check whether we can take what you’d like to donate, please get in touch with us first to confirm!