We’re currently expanding our friendly volunteer team to make our shop and associated activities welcoming and well organised!
Shop Volunteers will be based in the Rebuild Site shop on Dukes Drive, Kingmoor Park. Possible activities include:
- Pricing stock
- Welcoming and assisting customers
- Conducting sales transactions (including occasionally handling cash)
- Entering transactions in to stock management system
- Keeping a shop record of enquiries and deliveries
- Light cleaning of shop area and organising of stock
Other activities also available:
- Splitting pallets and de-nailing wood
- Processing / sanding down timber
- Making bird box, bat box and hedgehog house kits out of wood for sale in the shop
- Moving stock around the shop
- Assisting on collections and deliveries (Fridays only)
We offer a friendly and fun place to volunteer, plenty of tea and biscuits, and the opportunity to learn new skills, in a team that is committed to reducing waste and carbon emissions, supporting our communities and spreading the word about reuse.
Volunteering placements can be every week, fortnight or month, for either a half day (10am – 1pm/1pm – 4pm) or a full day (10am – 4pm)
All training, health and safety briefings, equipment (including PPE) and tea/coffee/biscuits are provided.
Does this sound up your street? Would you like to volunteer with us?
For a further chat about the role or to apply:
Email Helen: email@example.com or call 07391161008.
Or pop into the shop during opening hours (10am – 4pm, Thursday – Saturday) for an informal chat.